Welcome back, friends! The past few years have been brought about an important and thoughtful need for change around accepting people for who they are and as they are. Messages about the importance of body-positivity can be seen spreading everywhere, and today’s girls and young women need to hear it more than ever. We continue to see onslaughts of preened and manicured photo streams, showcasing picture-perfect moments taken at picture-perfect locations and including picture-perfect bodies. All of this has taken a toll on today’s youth, so when a company like CVS decides to take action by banning the use of photoshop on any beauty product photos, it deserves to be recognized. Sadly, not everyone has gotten the memo, and we talk about that, too. Next up, Brian and Sharky share thoughts and best practices to keep in mind when considering joining a photography workshop. There are plenty of amazing ones out there… and just as many “not-amazing” ones, too. We’ll help you figure out one from the other. Finally, a new dose of “What’s on Your Gear Shelf?” to make your day.
Tweet your questions and topics with #AskNNPS!
- CVS bans photoshop in its beauty product photos [via PetaPixel]
- Vanity Fair makes an oopsie by giving Oprah an extra hand [via PetaPixel]
- A wedding photographer fat-shames her clients on social media [via F-Stoppers]
- Photographer Sean King tragically dies from noxious fume inhalation while leading a photo workshop [via PetaPixel]
- Post cover photo [Joao Silas via Unsplash]
What’s On Your Gear Shelf?
Sharky: Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Camera LCDs [via Amazon]
Brian: Eyelead Sensor Cleaning Kit [via Amazon]